Lion’s Mane Recipe: Garlic Crostini
An Easy Way To Cook Lion’s Mane Mushrooms!
- 2 cups shredded lions mane mushroom
- 1/2 French baguette loaf
- 4 tbsp. Plant based butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder(or about 8 cloves garlic minced)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into thin 1/4” slices
- 2 tbsp. balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Heat a large pan over medium/high heat
- Add 2 tbsp. Plant based butter, swirl to coat the entire pan.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and garlic powder to taste (alternatively, add fresh minced garlic towards the end of cooking). Sauté for about 2 minutes until the edges start to get crispy. Add the chopped parsley and sautéed a few more seconds. Remove from heat and place cooked lion’s mane mushrooms on a paper towel to drain excess butter.
- In the meantime cut 1” Slices of the baguette. Smear both sides of each piece with butter, sprinkle with a garlic powder (fresh garlic will always be better) and paprika. Place under the broiler on low for about 2 mins or until golden brown. Make sure not to burn them.
- Using the same pan you sautéed the mushrooms in, place the thin slices of zucchini into the pan evenly in one layer. Let saute for about 1-1/12 minutes. Mix the balsamic vinegar, water and honey together. Add the wet ingredients into the pan with the zucchini. Continue to saute until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Assemble the crostini by placing 3 slices of zucchini on the garlic crostini and topping with the shredded sautéed lions mane mushrooms.